WomanonWheels Blog Follower

September 12, 2011

Hi my name is...

Hello loyal reader~


First of all, thank you for taking the time to read this.  My name is Kathleen but my family and friends call me “Katy.” I have a physical challenge and use a wheelchair as a mobility device.


So why am I here?  Right now, I am struggling to find a job so I decided to create a job of my own.  This site focuses on activism for the physically/mentally challenged.  I’m hoping to gain employment in the physically/mentally challenged field.


I’d like to think my site is unique because of a few areas.  First, I never use the word”handicap” or disabled.” Handicap is old and ancient to me while disabled has a very negative connotation.  For this reason, these words will only be used in quotes or agency names.  Second, we are also bilingual (Spanish) in an effort to gain viewership/readership.  Please feel free to tell people of Hispanic speaking decent.


Please also feel free to comment on anything about this site.  There’s a Facebook page: www.facebook.com/WomanonWheels and I can also be reached by email: ktforwheels@gmail.com I look forward to hearing from you all.

~Katy AKA “WomanonWheels

No comments:

Post a Comment